Saturday, August 14, 2010

Habibi

Means beloved friend in Arabic.

It's been a weekend full of relationship building. CAC emphasizes this in the classroom constantly.. "You can't teach a student you don't know"... But for me, it's so important to build relationships in every part of my life to feel "me".. to feel at home and really hone into who I am and how I function day to day. The past two days have been filled with wonderful people one right after another. More people my age. New faces, hopefully the makings of some really wonderful friends... Insha'allah...

School starts tomorrow. My sketchy arabic is slowly slowly coming, shway shway...and I'm beginning to get my bearings...I have made my room my own.. I'm nearly there. Adjusting quite nicely to this life I've been dropped in.

No comments:

Post a Comment