Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Q: "So Amy, what are your plans after December?"

(the question everyone seems to be asking me at the school these days. I have come to learn that question always comes with an idea or motivation, aka a school they have in mind for me somewhere in this world, likely where they have taught or have connections.. exciting and mind boggling at the same time)

A: what I'm sure I'll be doing is SLEEPING.

Teaching is exhausting-in the best of ways. I have really gotten off to a quick start, leading a LOT in my classes, "plowing" into is as my supervisor says. It's great; and I'm learning so much from being around my teachers and having them watch me.. but at the same time, I've been on the go (in school and beyond) constantly and it's starting to catch up with me. I'm wiped out. Quiet night in, writing up lesson plans, filling out reflections, reading, and getting to bed early.

PS. Tonight is the first SAA meeting at UNI... miss my ambassadors something crazy here
PPS. Cairo has really grown quite quickly on me...

3 comments:

  1. Just got caught up on your blogs Miss Martens. Boy, I think you're having the time of your life! I pray for you often and love hearing about each step on the way to a successful student teaching. Dios te bendiga amiga mia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lil Sis!! Teaching is probably the most exhausting but rewarding jobs out there. I swear my day is: Wake up, get to school, teach until the day is over, plan for tomorrow, go to scooters to grade papers, eat dinner, go to bed, repeat. I love what I do and wouldn't want to be anywhere else or do anything else right now. I am praying for you. I love you little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMY I WANT TO CRY NOW BECAUSE I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete